Sunday, October 26, 2014

{day 26} in a small city

This next place is another one that would probably be better for older children, although we have taken our littles there. It makes me a nervous wreck the whole time because everything is glass! :) 




A paint your own pottery studio that is located in one of the shopping plazas off of Rt. 119. 

You go, pick a piece (all priced differently), paint, and leave it there so they can glaze it. 
It is a very fun experience. We did it a few years ago as a double date with some of our friends. We painted a piece with our family purpose statement on it so we could display it and always be reminded of it. 

My mom took Little E over the summer when my cousins were visiting. She painted this ballet slipper...and she loves it! 

But I know the process of her painting it was quite stressful. 


The Pottery Place offers special events as well. We have never gone, but I know that occasionally they have story times where the children paint and listen to a read aloud. They also host birthday parties which, in my opinion, would be super fun when my kids are a little older.

Feeling creative? Is your inner-artist itching to get out? 
The Pottery Place might be just where you need to go! 







Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...