Thursday, October 31, 2013

In my shoes-- FINALE!

WOW! 
You guys, I can hardly believe I have made it this far! For the first time, ever I blogged every day for a  month! 

Honestly, I am both relieved that it is over because of the huge commitment it is to my time, and sad that its over because I really liked having some direction and knowing that I would have something to write about. That's what gets me sometimes...just knowing what to write. So, I had fun! I will definitely participate next year, if I have the opportunity! 

Before I end the series I wanted to give you a little glimpse into yesterday! 

I felt very overwhelmed this week with everything that needed done at home. We were gone all weekend (if you recall) and that left a ton of laundry and cleaning undone. This week is full of fun things for us, so I didn't know when I'd find the time to clean and try to get caught up. Yesterday, Wednesday, ended up being that day. 

The kiddies slept in a little bit and I was up early which made it easier to get things done. I blogged (you knew that right?), but let me go ahead and say that I am sorry if it didn't make sense. I wrote here and sent some emails before my mind was awake, I think. I say this because I wrote up an email to my dad with directions to our apartment and gave him completely wrong directions! I told him to go left every time he was to go right and I told him our house was on the right side of the road when its on the left! Sheesh! He read me the email once he made it here...thankfully he knew about where we lived and our lovely neighbor helped point him in the right direction! If you knew my dad, you'd know how funny the situation was--he is great (read amazing) with directions. Its like he has a map in his head. He goes on road trips without a map, GPS, anything! And here is daughter (the one who is actually pretty good with directions) and she can't even get him to her own house! Ahh! Gave us a good laugh! So, if my blog yesterday made no sense, its from lack of coffee. :) 

So, back to yesterday--
I spent the morning cleaning and doing laundry. Then we headed to the grocery store and Capitol Market to pick up a few things for dinner and a pumpkin. Dad came over to carve the pumpkin with us and enjoy chili after E's ballet class. 





That was the "big event" for the day, yesterday. 

Tonight is Trick-or-Treat and we are spending the day doing fun things! I am planning to take E to Krispy Kreme here in a little bit because if you dress up and come in, they'll give you a free donut! KK is pretty awesome about giving away their donuts! On National Talk Like A Pirate day, we went and E said, "Arr Matey!" and got a free donut. When I told her we were going today she said, "Oh! I will say 'Arr Matey' so they will give me a donut". Hard to explain that doesn't always get you a free donut! ;) 

Hope you enjoy this Halloween/Reformation Day! However you celebrate...or don't celebrate. Just make it a fun day! We are planning to!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...