Monday, October 7, 2013

In my shoes --day 9

Not getting fancy tonight and definitely not going to romanticize things. Mondays are usually catch up days and aren't easy days. Mondays after a weekend away are brutal...at least in my experience.

My children may have slept decently while we were gone, but Sunday night was rough. Really rough. Monday morning I was a tired Mama with a grouchy girly. Thankfully I was able to get her back to bed for an hour or so and she was much better. She's like me in that way...not enough sleep makes her a real grouch! 

We managed to make it to the grocery store before lunch. Getting Little E down for nap was hard after lunch. Baby G slept for almost 3 hours and I was really hoping to get some rest myself but E wouldn't nap. As soon as she went to sleep, he woke up ready to nurse. No rest for the weary sometimes.

One amazing thing about Monday...I didn't have to cook dinner! We went to our cousins' house for taco night and enjoyed some wonderful conversation and fellowship. It was the perfect way to end a rough day. I am really hoping that Tuesday brings with it some motivation (for me) and cooperation (for the kiddies). I need to do a ton of things...like unpack from our trip, for one. We'll see, but for now it's off to bed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...