Saturday, October 5, 2013

In my shoes-- day 7

Disregard the comment I made yesterday about my children sleeping well on our trip. Friday night was not a good night. Baby G was up twice to nurse and was gassy (my best guess) and wouldn't go back to sleep. Being at someone else's house with a baby screaming in the middle of the night is so stressful! I hate the thought of waking someone else up. Needless to say, I was thankful that I was able to sleep in a little bit once Baby G got back to sleep. 

Went on a nice little run when I did get up and then enjoyed coffee and breakfast before heading to my first cross country meet. My cousin's friend is currently #1 in his region so we went to watch his race today. It was really fun until the rain began pouring and we had to walk back to the car with two kids through a wet field. My socks were wet and we were all chilled by the time we got to the car.
Lunch and naps followed our arrival home and then we did some shopping!






One bad thing about living in a small city in a small state is that we don't have as many shopping options. So, we hit up World Market and Trader Joe's!
"Customer in Training" 
She LOVED the shopping cart that was just her size...although her steering wasn't quite on target.


Back at the house, my aunt and I made black bean burgers and sweet potato fries before going on a last minute trip to Fuzziwigs candy store. Needless to say, E loved the candy store. She was wired and had a tough time getting to sleep...partially because she was hyper and partially because of the thunder storm.

Fuzzwigs! 
SO much candy! 

I told you we were admitted choc-o-holics.





October 5 has another story in our lives. It makes 6 years since The Hubs led me on a wild goose chase that ended with him meeting me at the New River Gorge and popping the question! I obviously said a big, emphatic YES! But, that wasn't Saturday, so more on that later :)  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...