Saturday, March 30, 2013

One Thousand Gifts--Weekend Reading

Over the last couple of months, I have been rereading Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, for the third time! 
Yes...the third time. 
No shame here! 
The book has made such an impact on my life! 

Because of that, when the DVD study came out I decided to host a group of ladies to complete the study together. There were between 5-8 of us each week for the study, and it was wonderful! 
It really opened up good conversation and vulnerability between the group members. 


 I LOVED it!

In the midst of this study, my husband was interested to see what the hype in our house was all about. 
So what did he do? He read this review of the book and proceeded to forward it on to me. 
Honestly, I was appalled! I have my own thoughts on the book (obviously contrary to the ones in this review) and was really upset about! I had to explain my thoughts to my husband so he didn't think I was a crazy lady for liking the book!

Then, we came across this jewel earlier this week.
So thankful for his humility to write a response of forgiveness! True gospel community is humble and loving...even in critique! 



Another little gem for your weekend--an interview from Desiring God with 

If you happen to be looking for a good read right now, One Thousand Gifts would be my recommendation! :)



May you have a blessed Easter weekend!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...