Friday, May 11, 2012

a holiday

Well followers, friends, bloggers--we made it through another semester!
Yesterday I finished my last semester of classes! I still have student teaching to do in the fall, but no more classes! Woohoo!
Now, I know that I promised I'd be back to regular blogging once the semester was over, but I failed to mention that the Hubs, Little E, and I will be heading out on a beach vacay tomorrow--or as they say in Europe--we're going on a holiday. Does that not sound so much more fun than "vacation"? Why did we have to stray from our European roots? :)

Anywho, I won't be blogging for at least another week--Sorry!
But to tide you over, here is another Friday post!
I'm linking up with Lauren





1. On a scale from 1-10 the frequency with which I get sick is, a one. I typically don't get sick that often. This winter was kind of the exception (I had a stomach bug and several episodes of fever), but I think that was because of nursing. Little E didn't get sick, so I'd say she was taking all of my antibodies!

2. The last time I felt sick was   a few weeks ago if allergies count. If not, it was a few months back...probably January when I got an awful stomach bug...YUCK!

3. The worst part about being sick is     not being able to do stuff because     when you have a baby, there is still so much to do! Someone has to care for your child...thankfully my mom and mom-in-law help out a ton if we are sick.
4. When I am sick I like to be taken care of by being left alone to sleep and being brought snacks :) I love sleep anyway, but when I'm sick I could sleep all day long! Hubs knows this and lets me just sleep until I feel like I can get out of bed (which may be all day).

5. Something I do to keep myself healthy is    I try to eat a variety of fruits and veggies to get the vitamins I need. I also try to stay active and I don't worry too much if someone is around me that is sick. My body needs the germs (a few of them) to help develop immunity, so I'm okay with that. 

6. A secret remedy that I use when I'm sick is to SLEEP! I said it before, I'm a napper (from way back...as Poppa Call would say)Sleep always helps me feel better.

7. One thing that always makes me feel better when I'm sick is   SLEEP!Wait, did I mention that already? :) Sleep and Soup (preferably Black Bean from Panera Bread) .
Hope you enjoyed those blanks...I did! :)

Just some photos from my week...
 Yep that's right...Little E and I have matching Sperrys!
So does The Hubs--basically we are a Sperry family!
Honestly though, E's a wayy cuter than mine because they are so tiny!
 Tiny shoes are always cuter.
At 14 months old she finally let me rock her to sleep. She usually wants to be left alone to fall alseep on her own (kind of sounds like her Momma when she's sick), but this week she let me rock her and I loved every second of it!

Blessings on your weekend!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...