Wednesday, March 7, 2012

let them eat cupcakes!

Pink lemonade or chocolate raspberry? 
Those were the cupcake selections at Little E's 1st birthday party that took place over the weekend! Let me say, you couldn't have made a wrong choice, both flavors were delicious (if I do say so myself). 

We had a "pink lemonade" theme with the decorations. Basically just lots of pinks and yellows! I didn't want to ruin the chic-ness of the decor by using paper plates and plastic forks, so we used my Granny's crystal plates (and snack trays) and real forks! Call me picky if you must, but I was raised to believe that we bring out the BEST on special occasions. :)
The food was simple--snacks mainly. Chicken salad with crackers, veggies & dip, chips with cheese dip and black bean salsa, etc. Cupcakes are so much cuter (and easier) than a cake, which is why we chose to make them! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.










We had to try on her new bathing suit and sunglasses!


So, that was the party. On her actual birthday she celebrated by having a breakfast date with Papa & going to Yogurt Mountain with Mama and Aunt B!





We had a fun weekend. 
It is hard to believe she is already 1, but honestly I am not too sad about it. Looking back and regretting would make me sad, but I have found joy in living in the moment with her. I'm loving this stage of her life right now...walking, getting teeth, being more social...it is so much fun! I'm excited to see what this year holds for her as she continues to grow and change. 

A tradition we have started is reading a Psalm each year on our birthdays. Our Psalm for the year.
This is Little E's:
Psalm 1 
Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.
He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all the he does, he prospers.
The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore, the wicked will not stand in judgement, nor sinners in the congregations of the righteous; for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...