Wednesday, February 2, 2011

ground hog day

According to the legend, if the groundhog sees his shadow on Groundhog Day then he will scamper off back into his little home and winter will continue for 6 more weeks. However, if our little friend the groundhog (whichever one you are a fan of- Staten Island Chuck, Punxsutawney Phil, or French Creek Freddie) does not see his shadow, then spring will arrive sooner.
I'm not sure if I really believe all of that folklore, but I'd like to this year!
According to this news site neither State Island Chuck nor Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow,
which means--SPRING IS ON ITS WAY! Hopefully we won't have to endure another 6 weeks of this rough winter weather.
For those of you getting pummelled by snow right now, I'm sure its hard to believe that spring is coming, but according to the groundhogs, it is!
I simply cannot wait for sunshine and warmer temps! All this gloom and cold is wearing on me!
So, even though the groundhogs aren't in control of the weather, let's just hope that they are right this year!
Bring on SPRING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...