Friday, December 3, 2010

Reusable Snack Bags

I have been wanting to make these little guys for a long time now! I think I even posted that I was going to make them back in October or November and never got around to it...until today!



I don't know if you are like me or not, but I use ziploc snack bags all the time! Mike and I both usually pack our lunches so they get used there. Whenever we go somewhere and Zoe (our dog) tags along, I put some treats or her food for the day in a plastic ziploc bag. The uses for those things are endless and I tend to use them a whole lot! That sure isn't very GREEN of me! Or economical since once they are used I have to throw them away and eventually the box is empty and I have to go buy more!



So, when I saw these reusable snack bags I decided to give them a try! They were pretty easy to make, but don't look too closely...these were my first attempt so they aren't perfect! :) For someone who is a beginner they didn't take me that long to make either! I am excited to try them out...although I don't know if Mike will carry these particular ones in his lunch since they are pretty girly looking ;)



Also, these little bags are 100% machine washable and you aren't required to use them for food! As I was looking at them I came up with about 30 different things I could use them for including travel makeup bags, storing jewlery, etc! Use your imagination!





2 comments:

  1. I like!!! Where did you get the idea? And how long did they take to make? Can you add a button or some kind of clasp to keep them shut? Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got the idea from one of Mom's friends. They have velcro inside to keep them closed! It took me about 40 minutes to make the first one (because I was reading directions along the way...and had some issues with the sewing machine) but the second one only took about 15 minutes to put together! They are pretty easy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...