Wednesday, August 4, 2010

fall

I don't really know what it is that makes fall so special to me, but I know that it is! When I think about fall my heart just gets all warm and a smile appears on my face!


I think some of the reasons I love fall are...

cool weather

leaves changing colors

homey, spicey smells (usually coming from the kitchen)

trick or treat

thanksgiving

spicey sweet pumpkin snacks

soup

apples

apple cider

jeans and long sleeve shirts

jackets

football

the just plain coziness that fall brings!


This year I am so much more excited for fall to arrive! I have already snift all of the fall scents at Yankee Candle (I am loving the Hazelnut Coffee, Spiced Pumpkin, & Vanilla Pumpkin) and the ladies in the store gave Mike a great deal on one of my favorites just the other day! I vowed I wouldn't burn it until it really was fall because I felt that it would be cheating to burn it now, but last night I broke down and burned my Spiced Pumpkin candle...as a matter of fact it is burning right now and I am absolutely loving it!

One other reason that I am so ready for fall this year is because I have been living in summer since December! After 8 months of scorching hot sunny weather, I am totally ready for a change! Those who live in places like Uganda year round are probably used to heat all the time, but my body is saying its waaayyyy past time for summer to be gone!


So its August now...football season starts in just a few days (woohoo!)!!! School is just around the corner and the cool weather, homey smells, changing leaves, spicey sweet pumpkin snacks, and everything else will be here before I know it! So bring on FALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...